Monday 26 October 2015

Over to the dark side....

So Airkix had a birthday sale of tunnel time - about 1/3 of the usual cost - so I bought 2 hours of solo time for just under £400.  And have decided to use it to try free-flying so I can get my FF1 ! 

Had my first session with Paul Capsey, just 10 minutes to start with, and to my surprise and delight, actually managed to fly around the tunnel a bit on my back before the end of the session!  It's quite tricky keeping my legs positioned correctly, I found it easier to get my arms in position and then just forget about them, with my focus purely on keeping my legs strong.  That made it easier to correct turns and to stay more stable.  We had a little play at the end with walking backwards and forwards in the tunnel at high wind speed - harder than it sounds but great fun :-)  

So I have the rest of my intervals booked throughout November and I'm hoping that I should easily be able to progress through to sit-fly and moving myself around the tunnel well enough to have some practice in the air on my own and then aim to have my FF1 signed off.  Which will resolve a lot of niggles at various dropzones and will mean more fun when I end up on solo jumps :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment