Sunday 11 October 2015

Next steps

Another weekend at a dropzone, this time at LPS.  Only managed 2 jumps in the end, partly due to weather, partly due to ATC holds and partly due to not being very bothered, lol.  

Gary has made me a very pretty new purple weight belt for the tunnel - it holds about 12.5lbs of lead so should be enough for the training I'll be doing with Jeff and the others.  It's very comfortable as he has put skinny pockets with little pouches (1.25lbs of lead each) rather than the big 2lb bags in my other belt which tend to be a bit lumpy.  I actually ended up wearing it today as I lent my other belt to an AFF student who is very light and doesn't arch well (nightmare for Marie-Anne, lol) - it will be fine for the tunnel but it's a bit big for my waist with some of the lead taken out and tends to slip around a bit.  Gary will make me some extension clips for the other one so I can fit it on when I'm wearing lots of layers over the winter (and to take account of the fact I'm already at winter weight at the end of the summer - oops!)  

 And I'm starting my FS Coach rating training with Marie-Anne.  I've re-read the manual and I'll be briefing her on a dive next week and hopefully taking her as my 'student' on a jump.  Gary will give me my "Methods of Instruction" brief and we should be good to go :-) 

My next downsize is imminent as Gary has my rig and will be putting a Pilot 168 into it for me next week.  Finally a 1:1 wingloading (well, when I'm wearing a weightbelt anyway, ha ha).  I absolutely love the Silhouette so it's going to be a bit strange to jump something else.  Funny how I got used to grabbing any old student rig, from a Manta 288 down to a Nav 240 and everything in between, but now that I've put over 100 jumps on the Silhouette, I'm a bit nervous of jumping anything else :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment