Wednesday 19 February 2014

Tunnel time - 15 Feb 2014

15 mins of tunnel time with Sam and Charlotte and I have definitely learned some new techniques to try.  I am still very tense when I'm concentrating which means I have a tendency to 'pop up' the tunnel - I had 9 rounds in the tunnel altogether and the last 2 where I played Tunnel Twister with Charlotte were definitely the best.  She moved round the tunnel and touched the wall, then I followed and tried to touch the same place.  I was so much more relaxed and was able to turn and adjust height without having to think about it so much.  Well, going up was easy enough, getting down again took a bit more effort, lol.  I am still very floaty!

I need to find some way of piling up cushions or something so I can practice the coordination of dropping a shoulder and the opposite knee for turns, then dropping a shoulder and the same knee for side-sliding.  Forward and back isn't too much of an issue, I have to do that a lot anyway when I bump into the tunnel walls, rofl.  

Taking grips will be more challenging.  I only tried once and couldn't get low enough to Charlotte so made the mistake of reaching down for the grip and flipped onto my back.  Was able to flip back again relatively easily but it was obviously a case of trying to do a little too much all at once.  

More tunnel time booked with Kye in March so hopefully I'll remember enough to be able to progress a little more.  Won't really have much time to practice in free fall as I'm busy for the next 2 weekends, then the following weekend will be concentrating on hop and pops for the demo course so won't have any free fall time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment